Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Saturday is a Special Day!

Hello,

Not too much to report this week.  My life is boring as of late....  ;)

It seems like everyone is having their birthdays these past couple of weeks.  We've been making endless little cards and treats for what seems like EVERYONE in the ward.  It´s kind of weird, actually, that there are so many birthdays at once.

On Saturday Hermana Snyder and I went to do service for Claudia, our recent convert.  We always offer service to everyone, but sometimes it is hard to find something that they want us to do for them, as it was for Claudia.  But when I told her I had worked in a clothing store and that I was real good and ironing and folding, she got on board.  So I ironed (with a little "help" from Benja, Claudia´s 8-year-old son who recently had his tonsils removed) and Hermana Snyder did dishes and I was thinking the whole time about that Primary song:

Saturday is a special day.
It's the day we get ready for Sunday:
We clean the house, and we shop at the store,
So we won't have to work until Monday.
We brush our clothes, and we shine our shoes,
And we call it our get-the-work-done day.
Then we trim our nails, and we shampoo our hair,
So we can be ready for Sunday!

Anyway, we couldn´t sing it because I don´t think it exists in Spanish and if it did I wouldn´t know it anyway.  But I was wishing that I could.

Anyway, something else cool about Saturday this week is that our ward went to the temple on one of their quarterly temple trips.  We didn´t get to go, of course, since the temple is in Santiago, but we were happy for them all that they got to go.  It was really special, too, because a couple of recent converts were endowed and sealed with their two daughters.  They are super awesome.  Their names are Fredy and Jocelinne and they rock so hard.  And their two little girls are super cute.  I am so proud of them for having gone to the temple to make those sacred covenants and to seal their family for time and all eternity.  It is even more cool because they both just barely completed one year of membership.  Those are the kinds of converts every missionary wants - the kind that stay strong and go to the temple!  I am so happy for them.  :)

On Sunday the "obra misional" was in charge of the program for sacrament meeting.  We asked a couple of recent converts and one very helpful member to bear testimonies about missionary work and how it has blessed their lives.  Claudia bore her testimony and it was so amazing.  She was talking about how the missionaries passed by her house and it was an answer to a month´s worth of prayer, and that from then on she didn´t doubt.  When she had to leave her job because of health problems, one of her friends commented to her that maybe she lost her job because she started going to church.  Claudia said "No, if I hadn´t left my job, I wouldn´t be able to share lunch with the missionaries.  And I wouldn´t have as much time to dedicate to Church." And even though she suffers from severe pain in her back and hips and sometimes she can´t even get out of bed in the morning she hurts so badly, she always comes to church.  She said, "I know that if I come, no matter how much pain I´m in, that the pain will go away."  I was so happy to hear her amazing testimony and I feel so blessed to know her and to have had the opportunity to teach her and be there for her baptism.  If it hadn´t been for Benja having his tonsils removed, Claudia, too would have been in the temple on Saturday doing the work for her mother.  I am so excited to hear about when she does get to go and be baptized for her family!

How did it go last week with your commitment?  Did you enjoy reviewing those conference talks?  This week I want to leave you with the commitment to read 2 Nephi 9.  Just because it´s awesome and every time I read it I think, "I should probably read this chapter every day."

Well, that´s all, folks.

Love you all!  Have a fantastic week!

Lovelovelovelovelovelove,

Herman

No comments:

Post a Comment