Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The Adventure Begins!

Hello Hermana Burgess fans!  This is her mother, Danielle.  Just a quick entry to let you know that Jordanne was set apart last evening as a full-time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in a very sweet meeting at our home.  We stayed up most of the night finishing the packing, then took off this morning for Provo.  Besides Jordanne and myself, we had Eric, Shannon and Austin in the car.  We stopped to finish a couple of last minute errands on the way, then went to lunch at Jordanne's favorite restaurant, Zuppas.  Jordanne had a little panic attack during lunch, but that was to be expected.  There are many changes ahead for her.  After lunch, we drove to the MTC and dropped her off at the curb.  There were many very cute (I thought they were cute, anyway) Elders waiting there to help her with her luggage and to make sure she found where she was supposed to be.  She seemed to be in good hands.  We waved to her as we drove away.  I'm sure that she will be fine, but any prayers in her behalf would be greatly appreciated!  I will be posting any news that I receive and her letters will also be posted on this blog.  Stay tuned...

2 comments:

  1. It still feels a little bit unreal that she's really there - but I bet she's settling in just fine. Can't wait for her first letter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally forgot that they do the curbside dropoff now. Once she get's her bearings, Jordanne will really run with it! I can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete